Friday, May 27, 2011

Barcelona to Switzerland

Hello Everyone

I decided to spend a few days in Barcelona after having 2 weeks in France. It is strange when you dont speak a language, how suddenly you feel a little stupid for the simplest things. In Barcelona, i felt a lot more able to ask for simple things like food and directions without feeling like a small child.

Did the touristic things in Barcelona like the Gaudi monuments, La Rambla amongst other things. This was just a quick break before heading to my dream part of the holiday again. Switzerland.

My trip out of Barcelona was a little messy. First of all the bag I had broke and a bottle of wine smashed on the floor. 2nd at the airport i was told i could not take the champagne and expensive bottle of wine that did not break on board. I had forgotten this was an international flight and not domestic. DOH!! i hope the staff at the counter at Easy Jet enjoy the oppulance, hardly think they could afford 100 dollar bottles of alcohol.

When I got to Geneva, I got on the wrong train but luck was on my side and I made it to Zurich not more than half an hour late. Charlie was there to meet me. I was so glad to see him let me tell you. The holiday since then has been a total dream. Unlike Paris and London this was the nature part of the holiday. Been travelling with Charlie in his car for almost a week driving around the Alps and taking in some of the most spectacular views the country has to offer. All with good food and wine along the way. Also Charlie has great taste in music so the car rides are really fun. I have let my hair down and started to sing along with him!! Even if the songs are in Swiss German.

Ok, my holiday is drawing to a close. I will tie up the loose ends at the airport and hopefully buy a nice watch. OMG.. the watches here are nice but expensive.. See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment